eXtremeRate IPS Ready Upgraded Replacement Full Set Shells with Buttons for Gameboy Advance SP GBA SP, Compatible with Both IPS & Standard LCD - Scarlet Red
IPS screen is now popular in restoration project for Gameboy Advance SP.
But most of the replacement shells for GBA SP in the market is not ready for IPS screen installation.
So eXtremeRate re-designed the mold to make it easy for both IPS and Standard screen installation.
And with more accurate mold and made of premium ABS material, the quality of the eXtremeRate upgraded housing is one of the best in the world.
So let’s take the handheld console for GBA SP from your drawer and give a new look to your old friend!
Read Before Purchase:
1.This product is only compatible with Gameboy Advance SP handheld game console.
2. The replacement shell is also compatible with Game Boy Advance SP backlight IPS LCD display. The IPS LCD display is NOT included.
3. This is a full housing shell with buttons for Game Boy Advance SP. The console, screen and other parts are not included.
4. Required customers to take apart the console to replace your original shell; Required customers handy with console installation; Get the installation video guide by searching “eXtremeRate shell for GBA SP” on Youtube.
1. Made of durable non-toxic ABS plastic. Odor free.
2. Upgraded redesigned mold, completely fits flush on all sides; Sit properly on all the clips.
3. Compatible with both IPS & standard screen.
4. Personalize your handheld game console.
1* Full Housing shell
1* Battery cover case
1* A B L R buttons
1* Volume button
1* On Off button
1* Select Start buttons
1* Power button
1* Rubber conductive pad
1. The console, screen and other parts are not included!
2. It is recommended to clean with a wipe with water. If alcohol is used, clean it with a wipe dampened with less than 70% alcohol and place it in a ventilated place to dry in time. Do not spray water or alcohol directly on the product surface. Do not use any other organic solvents for cleaning.
This is a very nice shell; not perfect, mind you, but far better than most. The deep red cannot be properly captured on camera, it's much darker than the original red shell. The matte finish feels fantastic, though mine sadly came with a blemish. I opted to put it on regardless, but for how much this costs I expected better quality control. The included tri-wing screws and driver are garbage, this cannot be ignored and should be addressed in the future. I had to re-use my original screws, that's how bad the included ones were. The rest of the screws worked just fine and the driver for them I will be keeping for future projects. Something to be aware of: the matte finish is a fingerprint magnet, such is the nature of the finish, it's unavoidable. In no way is this a negative, just something to be aware of.
Solid case w/ some decent buttons etc comes with two different versions of springs for the bumpers (clicky clacky, and quiet). I had to cut part of the case with some wire cutters to fit my ips screen. (The PCB that was included with the screen couldn’t fir because the tiny ribbon cable was to close to the edge of the screen.